Hello Guys, I'm also a Student Preparing for a Govt Exam. And This Website is My Only Source of income. These Days it is not performing well...So can you Please Suggest (pdfstudymaterials.com) to Your Friends and Classmates Or Share it And Help me 🙏(Humble Request)
CBSE has revised the syllabus of the subject of class 10 subject maths for the academic year 2020-2021. The board has reduced Class 10 math syllabus in 2020 to compensate for the loss of studies due to the effect of the COVID-19 lock-down.
Students should check out this new syllabus for preparing for exams and their maths studies like the previous academic session in addition to Board Exam 2021 will again offer two versions of Mathematics paper to students, one easy and the other of the standard level.
CBSE had introduced certain changes in the Maths question paper structure in the board exam 2020 so about 25% of the questions in the paper were of objective type with each carrying 1 mark and the same is expected to be followed in the next year’s board examinations. For this, you can check the question paper design suggested by CBSE in this new syllabus.
See the complete CBSE Maths Syllabus Class 10th 2020-2021 below:
Syllabus of Science Class 10 CBSE
CBSE Class 10th Mathematics Unit-Wise Number
|7.||Statistics And Probability||11|
CBSE 10th Class Mathematics Course Structure:
UNIT I: NUMBER SYSTEMS
1. Real Numbers (8 Periods)
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proof of irrationality ofDecimal representation of rational numbers in terms of terminating/non-terminating recurring decimals.
UNIT II: ALGEBRA
1. Polynomials (4 Periods)
Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
2. Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables (11 Periods)
Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
Algebraic conditions for number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems. Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equations.
3. Quadratic Equations (10 Periods)
Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0). Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, and by using quadratic formula. Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots.
4. Arithmetic Progressions (4 Periods)
Motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of an A.P.
UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
1. Lines (In two-dimensions) (10 Periods)
Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
1. Triangles (10 Periods)
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
1. (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
2. (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
3. (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
4. (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
5. (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, then the two triangles are similar.
6. (Motivate) If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle of a right triangle to the hypotenuse then the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other.
7. (Prove) In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
2. Circles (8 Periods)
Tangent to a circle at, point of contact.
1. (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
2. (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
3. Constructions (4 Periods)
1. Division of a line segment in a given ratio (internally).
2. Tangents to a circle from a point outside it.
UNIT V: TRIGONOMETRY
1. Introduction to Trigonometry (8 Periods)
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined) in addition of Values (with proofs) of the trigonometric ratios of 30o, 45o and 60o. Relationships between the ratios.
2. Trigonometric Identities (10 Periods)
Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
3. Heights and Distances: Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression. (8 Periods)
Simple problems on heights and distance and Problems should not involve more than two right triangles and Angles of elevation / depression should be only 30o, 45o, 60o.
UNIT VI: MENSURATION
1. Areas Related to Circles (10 Periods)
Motivate the area of a circle; area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter / circumference of the above said plane figures. (In calculating area of segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to central angle of 60°, 90° only. Plane figures involving triangles, simple quadrilaterals and circle should be taken.)
2. Surface Areas and Volumes (8 Periods)
1. Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
2. Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems. (Problems with combination of not more than two different solids be taken).
UNIT VII: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
1. Statistics (10 Periods)
Mean, median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
2. Probability (10 Periods)
Classical definition of probability also Simple problems on finding the probability of an event.
CBSE Maths Syllabus Class 10 PDF Download